Medicated Calf Milk Replacer
For control of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and Elmeria zuernli in replacement calves.
Active Drug Ingredient
Lasalocid (as lasalocid sodium)…..72 gm/ton (equal to 36 mg/lb)
Crude Protein, not less than…..22.00%
Crude Fat, no less than…..20.00%
Crude Fiber, not more than…..00.15%
Calcium(Ca), not less than…..00.75%
Calcium(Ca), not more than…..01.25%
Phosphorous(P), not less than…..00.70%
Vitamin A, not less than…..20,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D3, not less than…..5,000 IU/lb
Vitamin E, not less than…..150 IU/lb
Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey, Dried Whey Product, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Milk Protein, Animal Plasma, Animal fat (preserved with BHA and BHT), Coconut Oi, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Riboflavin, Bictin, Menadione, Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Silicate, Manganese Sulfate, Zink Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydride, Vegetable Oli, Selenium Yeast and Natural and Artificial Flavor.
Warning: Do not add other sources of lasalocid to this milk replacer solution!
Mixing Directions: Use only low sodium (<50ppm) water for mixing and feeding.
- Always weigh milk replacer powder for accurate mixing
- Mix milk replacer powder according to the schedule below by adding powder to water as indicated and mix thoroughly.
Milk Replacer Powder Water (110-120°F) Individual Calf .75 lbs 2 Quarts Large Batch 1.5 lbs 1 Gallon
Feeding Directions (2 Days to Weaning)
Note: Always offer free choice water
Large Breeds (120 lbs of body weight): Feeding 2.3 quarts twice daily
Mixed and fed as above, this product provides 45 milligrams of lasalocid per 100 lb of body weight. This resulting mix should be fed during periods of coccidiosis exposure or when experience indicates coccidiosis is likely to be a problem.
Important: Thoroughly mix milk replacer powder in warm water and feed immediately. When preparing large batches (i.e., anything other than individual calf servings) keep the mixture agitated while dispensing into individual feeding containers to prevent any settling which could result the feeding of improper levels of lasalocid.
- Feed newborn calves 4 quarts of high-quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle or esophageal feeder within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
- Consult you veterinarian on a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E. Coli, Rota and corona virus, clostridium, and salmonella.
- For best mixing, constantly stir with wire whip or power mixer while adding powder to 110-120°F water. Use a thermometer to assure correct water temperature to avoid product separation and scalding. Feed milk replacer at 100-105°F
- Begin feeding milk replacer on day 2 and provide fresh, clean low sodium (<50ppm) water along with a high quality, palatable calf starter on a free-choice basis.
- At the start of weaning, transition calves from twice per day feeding to once per day feeding. This will encourage the calf to eat more calf starter and assures an effective weaning.
- Wean only if calf is eating at least 3 pounds of calf starter for 3 consecutive days.
Important: The safety of lasalocid in unapproved species has not been established. This product is to be fed to calves only. Do not allow other animals to consume medicated products as ingestion may be fatal.
Warning: A withdraw period has not been established for lasalocid in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
Store in cool, dry location. Do not double stack pallets of milk replacer.
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION