Cornerstone 22-20 MPS BOV FF Medicated Calf Milk Replacer
For Control of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and Eimeria zuemii in replacement calves
Active Drug Ingredients:
Lasalocid (as lasalocid sodium) ……….90 gm/ton (45 mg/lb)
Crude Protein, not less than……….22.0%
Crude Fat, not less than……….20.0%
Crude Fiber, not more than……….0.50%
Calcium (Ca), not less than……….0.75%
Calcium (Ca), not more than……….1.25%
Phosphorus (P), not less than……….0.70%
Vitamin A, not less than……….30,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D3, not less than……….10,000 IU/lb
Vitamin E, not less than……….200 IU/lb
Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey, Dried Whey Product, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Milk Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Modified, Animal Plasma, Animal Fat (preserved with BHA and BHT), Lecithin, Polysorbate 80 Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, Yeast Extract, Calcium Carbonate, Xanthan Gum, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Riboflavin, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K3)< Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Silicate, Manganese Sulfate, Zink Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Di hydroiodide, Selenium Yeast and Natural and Artificial Flavor.
Do not add other sources of lasalocid to this milk replacer solution!
– Always weigh milk replacer powder for accurate mixing
– Mix milk replacer powder according to the schedule below by adding powder to water as indicated and mix thoroughly.
|Milk Replacer Powder||Water (110-120® F|
|Individual Calf||0.625 lbs||2 Quarts|
|Large Batch||1.25 lbs||1 gallon|
Feeding Directions (2 days to weaning)
Note: Always offer free choice water
Large breeds (125 lbs of body weight): Feed 2.2 quarts twice daily.
Important: Thoroughly mix milk replacer powder in warm water and feed immediately. When preparing large batches (i.e. anything other than individual calf servings) keep the mixture agitated while dispensing into individual feeding containers to prevent any settling which could result in the feeding of improper levels of lasalocid. Mixed and fed according to directions, 45 milligrams of lasalocid will be provided per 100 lbs of body weight. Feed during periods of coccidiosis exposure or when experience indicates coccidiosis is likely to be a problem.
1. Feed newborn calves 4 quarts of high quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle or esophageal feeder within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
2. Consult with your veterinarian on a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E.Coli, Rota, and Corona Virus, Clostridium and Salmonella.
3. For best mixing, continuously stir with wire whip or power mixer while adding powder to 110- 120®F water. Use a thermometer to assure correct water temperature to avoid product separation and scalding. Feed milk replacer at 100-105®F.
4. Begin feeding milk replacer on day 2 and provide fresh, clean low sodium (<50ppm) water along with a high quality, palatable calf starter on a free-choice basis.
5. At the start of weaning, transition calves from twice per day feeding to once per day feeding. This will encourage the calf to eat more calf starter and assures an effective weaning.
6. Wean only if calf is eating at least 3 lbs calf starter for 3 consecutive days.
Important: The safety of lasalocid in unapproved species has not been established. This product is to be fed to calves only. Do not allow other animals to consume medicated products as indigestion may be fatal.
Warning: A withdraw period has not been established for lasalocid in pre-ruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION